Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The World's Finest On Sesame Street!

Hello, again! I'm back with more schtuff for you to (hopefully) enjoy! :)

Back in the very early 1970's, Sesame Street came into being. They did NOT always use Big Bird, Bert & Ernie, or Oscar The Grouch to teach little ones about life, though.

No! Someone at PBS had the brilliant idea to use Superman and Batman on the show! :) I only have three of their appearances, though, as I'm missing one of each of their guest-shots. The one I'm missing of Superman had him teaching kids about the letter "D" and Batman was teaching kids the difference between "clean" and "dirty."

The following appeared in DC Comics circa 1970 to help promote the show, and the heroes' appearances. :)



Below, I've got one of the Superman shorts, and two of Batman's shorts. (Wait. That didn't sound quite right, did it?) ;)







I always loved the fact that not only did they use the classic animation from the Superman/Batman cartoon series on CBS from a few years earlier, but they'd also gotten ahold of the voice actors to portray Batman, Robin, and Joker! Unfortunately, Bud Collyer had passed away just a few months prior to the show's debut.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed this little time capsule! I'll be back with more schtuff this Saturday! I'm hopin' everyone likes it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment