Sunday, September 11, 2011

POW! ZAP! BIFF!

It's time for some Batman banners now, in case you couldn't guess from the title. :) Banners such as these and more can be found on the Batman Message Board.


Heh. I always imagined this banner as being like a Rorschach ink blot. :) See how everything is copied on each end? Of COURSE you do! :)




I've always liked "Batman and Robin" more than just plain "Batman," so a lot of my banners reflect that. I never liked most of the "team-ups" of the early 1970's, though. Most of the stories seemed to consist of Robin getting captured and Batman getting all the action while going to his rescue. It seems like most of the '70's writers only liked Batman, and saw Robin as nothing but an easy way to make their hero look good.


I always loved the 1949 serial, and the '66 TV show. When I found the "Bat-crossing" sign on-line, I KNEW I had to make use of it, as in the banner above. :)


I had been searching for the three images above for a LONG time. I FINALLY found 'em a few months back, and was able to create not only this banner, but a very similar one on the Gold-Silver-Bronze Ages board. This banner also made me want to copy those stupid newspaper headlines about comics. Almost EVERY one always begins with "Pow! Zap! Biff!", so I figured I could use it since I love the characters. :)

Stay tuned for more banners coming up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment